Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Furthermore, on single malt versus blends...

The scotch snobs are very keen on single malts which is OK. I also happen to like single malts. However, there are some blends I find quite attractive, particularly Johnnie Walker Black Label which I consider delicious whether on the rocks or neat.

Anyway, the point of the story is that I woke up this morning with a particular song lyric running through my mind.

How old do you think I am he said. I said well, I didn't know
He said I turned sixty five about eleven months ago
I was sittin' in Miami pourin' blended whiskey down
When this old grey black gentleman was cleanin' up the lounge
There wasn't anyone around 'cept this old man and me
The guy who ran the bar was watching Ironsides on TV....
Well, perhaps that the song would have been better if Tom T. Hall had penned "pouring single malt down," but I wouldn't want to second guess the lyrics of Tom T. Hall.

No kidding, this was on my mind when I woke up. I suppose I had been "dreaming in peaceful sleep of shady summertime, of old dogs and children, and watermelon wine."

No comments: