Monday, May 4, 2009

Audi S4 @ 160 MPH

Check out this youtube of some numb-nuts pushing it in an S4.
The video is billed as 160 MPH, but I don't think I saw them ever get there.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4dR1Vihz18&feature=player_embedded


I happen to have a B5 S4 as well. I thought that the top speed was supposed to be "electronically limited" to 142 MPH. I suppose I was mistaken.

I may have briefly punched mine up to maybe 110 or so a time or two, but that's about as far as I've gone. 160 would be out of the question. My video is below:



One exception about driving fast however.
The fastest I've ever driven (for a sustained period on a public highway) was in Montana.
The rental car just kind of stalled out at about 105, would coast, and then resume acceleration at about 95 MPH. It wasn't scary at all.

I would have liked to have seen how my S4 performed out there.











No comments: