Friday, December 14, 2007

Primary colour


Dec 13th 2007
From The Economist print edition

The Manchurian candidate
“The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level—through the president of the United States, one of their own!!!!”

Two volunteers for the Clinton campaign have resigned over forwarding e-mails saying that

School days
“I know that folks were rifling through my kindergarten papers. I'm going to be disclosing them tomorrow. It will show that I experimented with colouring outside the lines. I was pulling on pigtails.”

Mr Obama continues to make hay with the Clinton campaign's excesses. ABCNews.com, December 12th

Free will
“I'm not here to tell you what to think. I got some sense. I know the difference between a book club and this seminal moment in our history.”

Oprah Winfrey campaigning last weekend for Mr Obama.

Job seeker
“Since I'm from Georgia, I'll say the opposite of Sherman...If drafted, I would run, and if nominated, I would serve.”

Newt Gingrich wants to be vice-president. “This Week”, ABC, December 9th

Food pyramid
“Carrots. I just don't like carrots. I banned them from the governor's mansion when I was governor of Arkansas because I could.”

Mike Huckabee discusses his most disliked food. Other candidates are equally opposed to vegetables; mushrooms are particularly unpopular. Associated Press, December 6th

Life's disappointments
“Voters are going to say, ‘I want to get my Christmas shopping done.’ They're going to go to their mailboxes hoping for an invitation to a cocktail party, and instead get a campaign mailing.”

Donna Brazile, a Democratic strategist, on why most campaigns will take a break over Christmas. Des Moines Register, December 10th

Southern hospitality
“He's masquerading as a good ole boy.”

Jim Hanks, chairman of the South Carolina League of the South, objects to Tennessean Fred Thompson's lack of support for reintroducing the Confederate flag. CNN.com, December 5th

Insane clown posse
“These people are crazy—crazy in a good way.”

Ron Paul's son on his father's supporters. Washingtonpost.com, December 10th

No comments: