Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Scotch tasting, Glenrothes


















Not bad. This is a Speyside whisky which in my
experience makes it a bit more approachable.

However, I thought that the initial taste had somewhat of a puckering kind of bitter/sour flavor.
The finish is relatively smooth and mellow. OK, but probably not going to be counted among my favorites.

Also, I've gotta say, the synthetic cork stopper was a little bit of a turnoff for me.


Notes from the Scotchchix.com website:

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Glenrothes Select Reserve


The youngest sister of the Glenrothes Girls, Glenrothes Select Reserve, would seem to fit the sugar and spice and everything nice category. She has a light sweet body and palate with pepper overtures. Her lingering, fizzy finish, however, detracts from her personality. Her demeanor was improved by a drop of water.

Whisky: Glenrothes Select Reserve

Pronunciation: Glen-ROTH-iss

Region: Speyside

No comments: