Sunday, February 24, 2008

Seven Steps to Heaven

Well, it's been close to a week since I last posted and, although I've had no complaints, I thought I might post again with a bit of personal commentary.

Over the past week or so, I've been (somewhat) consumed with the fulfillment of various tasks and duties personal, professional and moral in nature.

I'm looking forward to finishing Mary Lois' book, Meet Me at the Butterfly Tree. Bobby Womack wrote a lyric, "the things I've lost along the way have taken a lot out of me", and that line has resonated with me over the years. A lot of the things that I've personally lost along the way happen to reside in Fairhope and I'm sure I will enjoy revisiting Fairhope by way of Meet Me.

Finally, after a long week, I was driving home tonight and happened to listen to Miles Davis' Seven Steps to Heaven. Two tracks that pretty much anyone should appreciate immediately are the title track (track two) and So Near So Far (track four.) This might be my favorite Miles Album other than Kind of Blue.

This ain't no smooth jazz, this here is straight ahead jazz!

Cheers!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.