Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Karl on Paris (Hilton), Plastics (Surgery) and L.A.

Excerpted from Womens Wear Daily, May-2007

"You have the feeling here that some of them survived serious car crashes," he said of a few of the reconstructive efforts he has encountered in the past couple of days. "People here live for their appearance, and I understand that. They make an effort. The will of beauty is something I admire because it takes a lot of discipline, and I don't think those operations are very pleasant. Perhaps I should try one, but I don't think I will. I am too scared. The idea that you cannot move your face must be horrible. Men do it here, too. They should only come out at night, but then they wouldn't get tanned."

The designer has a very definite opinion on the current hoopla surrounding Paris Hilton and her possible jail sentence after several driving infractions.

"If you ask me, she should have a driver," he said. "She doesn't have the excuse of being a poor girl. If you are a party person, and you like to have fun and drink a little, you better take a driver. She just has to make sure the driver doesn't drink, but that's another problem. If he has to go to jail, she can take another one."

Lagerfeld may love Los Angeles, but he has no intention of setting up a home on the West Coast.

"I don't want to buy houses anymore," he said. "I only want places connected to hotels with room service. In Europe, it's so horrible with people who work in your house. They can steal from you and you cannot get rid of them. I sold all my houses, and all my homes are now connected to hotels. I just push the button. If there's a leak, it's their problem, not mine."

No comments: