Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pretty funny Sports Curmudgeon yesterday.

Yesterday, August 3rd, The Sports Curmudgeon placed his first post since July 6th, when he departed for an African photo safari.

So, his first post on his return concerned all the events he discovered he had "missed" while traveling. A few are listed below:

    The Tour de France started and ended without once coming to my attention. That’s good!

    The baseball All-Star Game and the idiotic Home-Run Derby happened without my knowing about it. No problem here…

    I missed out on the spasm that occurred when the rumor spread that Pete Rose might be reinstated by MLB thereby making him eligible for induction into the Hall of Fame. [Aside: Maybe if Pete Rose admitted to using steroids he would have the support of a bunch of writers who seem to believe that it was baseball’s fault for not catching those guys earlier on and so all their records should carry them into the HoF…]

    I went 24 consecutive days without hearing the name “Brett Favre” mentioned a single time. Didn’t miss it even a little bit.

    Even the Michael Jackson whoop-dee-doo never made it to the tented camps on or next to the African game parks. Praise the Lord for that.

    I think I recall something known as the WNBA but I will have to Google it to refresh my memory.

    I missed the furor surrounding “The Erin Andrews Tape”. For the record, if Erin Andrews chose to post a photo or a videotape of hersef getting dressed in a hotel room, she should have the right to do so. However, the voyeurs who schemed to make that tape clandestinely and then to “publish” it are antediluvian pond scum.

    I missed Tom Watson – at age 59 and with an artificial hip – almost winning the British Open. Tell me again how you have to be a great athlete to play golf…

    I missed the shock and awe that seemed to overcome most of the sports scribes as Tiger Woods disappeared from the British Open field.

No comments: