Saturday, December 13, 2008

A sentiment with which I completely agree

From Frank Deford's "Sports Curmudgeon" site,

I am filled to capacity – nay to overflowing – with news about both OJ Simpson and Fred Goldman. If I never again have to hear about either person, it will be just fine with me. Since his days as a football player/bad announcer/minimally competent actor, OJ Simpson has been uninteresting. That puts him ahead of Fred Goldman in my mind who, despite his tragic loss, has managed to become such an annoying hominid that you would call him a shrew or a fishwife if he did not have external genitalia. If I could garner a 15-year reprieve from hearing from or about either of these two numbnuts, I would be a happier person for it.



I've always been annoyed by Fred Goldman. You can tell the guy is a jerk just by his look. As an example, I used to tell folks, imagine being in charge of some business that deals with the directly with the public, retail, restaurant or lodging for instance. Now imagine that some staff person reports that a customer has asked to speak with you. And imagine you look over and see the fierce visage of Fred Goldman. You're certainly unlikely to anticipate a pleasant exchange.

No comments: